Friday, May 3, 2013

My impressive memories


Qiqi Lin



        Since my birth, I have a mass of memory in my mind. I have happy and unhappy memories. I would like to share my impressive memories including my first day of primary school, wearing my mom's high-heeled shoes and using her makeup, also being a volunteer.
        When I was in kindergarten, I was very jealous of my sister that they could attend primary school, and every time they returned home, they would show me how many little red flowers they got from teachers, I wanted flowers too. Finally, I attended primary school, and I was so excited. Like a bird, hand in hand with my father walked on the campus. Then he took me to go to the dormitory and told me he would go the restroom and he would be back in a flash. However, he didn't come back, I realized my father cheated me. This was my impressive memory of my first day that I attended primary school, I never forget it.
         The second, I still remember the scene when I was wearing my mom's high-heeled shoes and using her makeup. That day, my mom left me alone and she went to the supermarket. I sneaked into her room, stood in front of the delicate dressing table and in accordance with my mom everyday make up appearance, started to put make up on my face. Certainly, my face looked terrible, had an unsightly red mouth and looked uneven skin tone, but I felt good. And I opened the shoe cabinet to find out my favorite high-heeled shoes. Then I was wearing it and stood in front of the mirror do a different position. I thought I was pretty and waited for my mom to commend me, but she didn't do that. Instead she scolded me. Wearing high-heeled shoes and using makeup are important part of my memory.
         The last interesting activity in my mind is the first time being a volunteer, this just happened recently. I was Clean Sweep volunteering at New Platz. The people of the church prepared of breakfast for us and gave us a trash bag and disposable gloves, they let us to go main stress to pick up garbage. Actually, our town didn't have a lot of garbage therefore our task was not too hard. I was glad I didn't waste a good weekend, after we cleaned up, we sang a song and returned home. Cleaning up the town was my first experience being volunteer, thus I think next time I will try other volunteer activities.
         In sum, I am sharing my impressive memories, first day to attend primary school, wearing my mom's high-heeled shoes, and using her makeup, and my first time being a volunteer. These were my important memories of my life.



7 comments:

  1. Qiqi,
    I enjoyed reading your stories so much! Especially the story about you dressing up with your mother's make-up and high heels. That is so sweet! I remember I did something similar when I was a child. My friend's mother had a huge closet full of high-heeled shoes -- all different colors, and some sparkly shoes too. We loved to pull all the shoes out of the closet and try them on to pretend that we were adults. It was a lot of fun.
    thanks for sharing your memories!
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. p.s.-The photo of you with your sisters is absolutely adorable. You girls are so, so cute.

      Delete
    2. Thank you! May be next time i can bring more our childhood's pictures to share with you :P

      Qiqi

      Delete
    3. Yes, I would love to see them. Xie Xie!

      Delete
  2. I think that every girl will wear their mother's high heels. Your story is SO cute! Nice essay! XIN

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's true! what about the boy, are you also will wearing your father' shoes to pretend that you were adults?

      Delete
  3. when your father didn't appear, didn't you cry? kyung jin

    ReplyDelete