Friday, May 3, 2013

My Unusual Past



                                                                                                                XIN
                Today, I was reminded about my past. My past was thrilling, naughty, and sweet. I had a traffic accident, I spent my one year’s allowance money to buy a PSP, and I had an awesome 17 birthday. They were all my impressive memories.
                First, I had a thrilling memory of a traffic accident when I was seven. That day, my uncle rode a bicycle and took me to my school. We came to a traffic light and waited for the red light to became the green light and people could walk across the road. When my uncle was walking across the road, a big truck’s driver didn’t pay attention. The truck hit my uncle and I. I didn’t  know what happened next. Until now, I’m still afraid when I talk about this experience.
               Another memorable experience was a naughty memory because I spent my one year’s allowance money to buy a PSP. When I studied in middle school, many of my classmates had PSP. I wanted to ask PSP from my father, but he refused my request. I was so sad and started to save money. After one year, I spent my one year’s allowance money to buy the PSP. Until now, My mother still talks with her friends about how I was crazy and use one year’s allowance money to buy a PSP.
               After that, I had a sweet memory because I spent an awesome birthday in my high school. That day, my school had a “singer show”. When my friend finished their song, they added “Happy Birthday to Xin” in the songs end. Before the show finished, my best friend took a big cake and came to me. He walked and sang ”Happy  Birthday”. Then, some students sat around me, they also started to sing “Happy Birthday”. Finally, all of school’s students started to sing “Happy Birthday”. That was the best sweet memory in my past.
              In sum, I had many kinds of memories and a meaningful past. I like to remember my past because I have more wonderful memories than bad memories.  

8 comments:

  1. Xin,
    That story about the near-accident is quite frightening! I'm glad you are OK now. I know how dangerous traffic can be in China. The drivers don't stop for pedestrians like they do in New Paltz. I like your story about the PSP the best -- it is very descriptive and it made me laugh. You must have driven your mother crazy sometimes!
    Thanks for sharing!
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually, I already forgot this story, but my mother still takes with her friend. When her friend visited our house, my mother will talk about this for fun. I hope that someday the drivers will stop for pedestrians in China. It is very important.

      Delete
  2. Whoops...I meant to write "accident" not "near-accident". Did you go to the hospital? -Sarah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I went to the hospital,but I was so lucky. I'm OK
      XIN

      Delete
  3. Your birthday was so sweet! And i also had the same experience that spent my year's allowance money to buy a PSP and my mom still don't know i have one.

    Qiqi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. wow, Qiqi! That is a coincidence.

      Delete
    2. Hahahaha, When I bought the PSP, my mother just knew that next day. You're so smart. XIN

      Delete
  4. The story about saving the money for a year to buy PSP is impressed me.Your perseverance is great.
    kyung jin.

    ReplyDelete