Monday, February 25, 2013

Public Transportation in Korea

Kyung Jin Park

What I love about Korea is the public transportation system because it is very convenient and cheap in both city and some of the countryside. If I use my traffic card I can take several buses and subways with low price. All public buses have a machine that reads the traffic card.Right before I get off the bus I should touch my traffic card on the machine by the exit door. And then if I get on an another bus or subway within 30 minutes the cost will be lower. In some cases I might be able to ride a second bus for free.Public transportation is also good for students. They walk or take a bus to their school; this bus is not a school bus. They have to pay a bus fee. Most students can go where they want to without their parents' help. For these reasons I love about public transportation system in my country.

12 comments:

  1. looks very interesting. Mohammed

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. Many people think it is interesting too.

      Delete
  2. Kyung Jin,

    I remember you said that you are a good driver. Did you drive when you were living in Korea or did you learn how to drive while in the US? I'm surprised that public transportation is even good in the countryside. That is very convenient! Thank you for sharing!

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have been driving for allmost 20 years.Eventhough Korea has good transportation system but most people have a their own car.I Practiced driving a car for the road test in the USA.

      Delete
    2. Oh, I see! Maybe driving in the US is different from driving in Korea (rules of the road). Good luck and drive carefully! :)

      Sarah

      Delete
  3. If I come to Korea for travel someday. I will take the bus. It is really convenient. From: XIN Jiang

    ReplyDelete
  4. This Public Transportation sounds really nice, I feel like to ride this Public Transportation in Korea. I hope in the future i can go to Korea.


    Qiqi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really hope that you will visit Korea one day :)

      Delete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think Korea now it has one of best public transportation on the world.

    Abdul

    ReplyDelete